当前位置: 主页 > www.066689.net > 正文

欧洲博彩公司评级My DIY Upcycled Wedding Gown

作者:admin 来源:未知 浏览: 【 】 发布时间:2015-06-17 评论数:

I got to wear my dress a couple weeks ago when I went on a girls’ trip to Disney World! We had dinner at Victoria and Albert’s in the Grand Floridian Hotel, which was my opportunity to dress up.

I let the packets dissolve, and then I placed the dress (carefully, so as not to burn myself!) in the pot.

dress

Hi bees! I bet a lot of you reading this don’t remember my wedding (it was five and a half years ago!), so for those who need a refresher, this is what my dress looked like. It was a short strapless dress by Sarah Seven,平博娱乐场我们会有专员为您解决问题对于LED广告车. I actually ordered it from her Etsy shop when she was still small time enough to be taking custom orders through Etsy.

What do you plan on doing with your dress after the wedding,永利博娱乐开户? Married bees: what did you do with your dress?

IMG_0454

I just followed the directions on the packet, which required me to select the largest pot I owned and boil water on the stove and place the dye and the color intensifier packets inside (I used two packs of dye + color intensifier). This was kind of scary. Was I going to burn my dress?!

I kept stirring and trying to evenly coat all sides of the fabric for the required time, about 30 minutes.

BLOGGER

Mrs. Mouse

Birthday:
July 2
Location:
Austin
Wedding Date:
September 2009
PREVIOUS POST
Gallery of the Day: June 3, 2015
NEXT POST
Top 10 Wedding Ideas from Pinterest: June 3, 2015

IMG_0466

dress3

IMG_0458

Image credit: Jessica Winn Photography

I let the dress dry for a day or so, and then attempted to remove the massive amounts of wrinkles.

I tried everything to get the wrinkles out. I ironed the dress twice (which helped a bit), I hung it in the bathroom while I showered to try and steam it, I used an *actual* steamer, and I even sprayed it with Downy Wrinkle Releaser. In the end, I had to take it to a professional to have it pressed. It looked much better after that!

After that, a fellow blogger even borrowed the dress to wear in her wedding!

IMG_0459

Before!

All that changed a few weeks ago when I decided it was time to dye it! I chose a deep burgundy color called “crimson” from my favorite place to buy fabric dye, Dharma Trading. Since my dress didn’t have a label, I had to make my best guess as to what material it was made out of. It seemed like polyester to me, so that’s what I went with. I chose from the list of colors on Dharma Trading’s site for poly dyes, and I chose the crimson color. I like their iDye line, as it’s very simple to use for amateurs like me. I’ve used it in the past to dye an old comforter.

Then, I turned off the stove, removed the dress from the boiling pot, and took it to the washing machine to run through and “set” the dye. (Be extra careful at this point not to drip dye on your floors or counters! I suggest using a couple towels.) I ran the dress through the delicate cycle on my washing machine. The fabric was a bit delicate, and got a few snags, but it wasn’t too bad.

But this wasn’t quite the end of the saga. Later that night, my friend Amanda noticed that the dye was rubbing off onto my arms! Luckily, it wasn’t too bad, and it washed off easily, but I was a little unsettled that the dye hadn’t set properly. Once back home in Austin, I hand washed the dress three times in a row in the bathtub, then laid it out to dry again. I haven’t worn it again yet, but we will see if the dye is truly set now.

dress4

I selected a big wooden spoon*, and started to stir the dress in to keep it submerged. Turns out I did not use enough water initially, so I had to add quite a bit more. You want the fabric to be completely submerged.

So, it’s been through a lot…and then it sat and sat and sat, as I hesitated about what to do with it.

IMG_0462

dress2

Also note the unevenness of the color. I ended up liking it this way, but if you want your project to come our more evenly, I would suggest using more water and carefully coating all sides of the fabric during the dyeing process.

2015-05-24 20.35.11

IMG_0463

I’m not sentimental about “things,” so I knew pretty early on that I wanted to do something with my wedding dress so that I could rewear it. Otherwise, I’m not the type of person to hang on to things that don’t “do” anything. First, though, I got the chance to do a photo shoot in the desert outside Vegas in my dress.

IMG_0467

IMG_0456

Yikes! This step did NOT look good.

IMG_0489

*Don’t use a spoon that you care about, as wooden spoons are completely porous and will likely not be usable after a project like this. Or, you can be smart and choose a metal or plastic utensil.

I honestly think the problem stemmed from me not knowing the exact materials used in the dress. Maybe I used the wrong type of dye for the type of fabric used in the dress. I wouldn’t recommend a DIY project like this unless you know exactly what you’re working with! But for me, I wasn’t too concerned about ruining the dress if it didn’t work out, so I have no regrets!